- Learn Consumer writing , Consumer news reports / articles , Consumer healthcare reviews/ articles
- Learn Scientific writing , General rules for scientific writing , Writing case reports , Drug Monograph
- Learn Research papers / Manuscript for journals Writing - Style guides APA/ AMA/Chicago/ ICMJE
- Learn Medico-Marketing writing , Types of pharmaceutical documents
- Learn Overview of Clinical trials reports, overview and summary documents, narrative documents, tabular summary.
- What makes the InfocusRxTM Medical and Clinical Research Writing program unique?Open or Close
As the first organization to launch a medical and clinical research writing program, InfocusRxTM, has trained over 1000 healthcare professionals. The i-CME core objective is to provide usable, affordable and accessible Medical Education for Healthcare professionals and students. Our program has therefore been designed to be affordable and help build the medical and clinical research writing community.
InfocusRxTM team works on a wide range of medical writing projects for its global clients. Some of the program’s unique features are the assessment and continuous feedback. The program offers 8 sets of assignments to evaluate the learning process of the participant.
- Is it necessary for a candidate to be from healthcare / science background?Open or Close
It is not necessary for a candidate to be from the healthcare / science background. While there are advantages to having a healthcare or life-sciences background, our course is designed to cover some basics and facilitate your ability to research unfamiliar subjects in order to be able to pursue a career as a medical writer.
- Will I be a competent medical writer at the end of the online program? Open or Close
Our training provides all necessary skills and technique for any aspirant to become medical writer. However, writing is like an art - the more you practice, the better you become. The program offers 8 sets of assignments and provides constant feedback to sharpen your writing skills.
Note: Your writing should not be only limited to given assignments. We suggest you practice your writing skills using our suggested guidelines and techniques. Many of our students have built their own portfolio based on these assignments for bagging new projects and employment.
- Do I need a special computer?Open or Close
The course is designed for use on any type of computer system including Internet cafes. What you will need is a computer with Adobe Flash Player installed and an internet connection. The Macromedia Flash Player is used for course introductions and activities. If you don’t have this installed, you may have to install the Adobe Flash Player. Please click to install http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
- What happens if for any reason I don’t complete the course in the given time? Open or Close
You have 3 months to finish the course. If you need an extension, you can request it through our administration stating the reason.
- What should I expect from InfocusRx Medical and Clinical Research writing program?Open or Close
You should expect high quality, usable and an interactive content. After you register for the training program, you will receive an email that contains your payment receipt and login ID. There are no CDs to load and no books to read.
Our programs are designed, developed and assessed by the qualified medical writers with extensive experience. On successful completion of the Foundation Course assessments you will be awarded certificate.
- How long would it take to complete the online training?Open or Close
Based on student feedback, we have found that students generally spend about 9-12 hours per week on coursework. This includes online learning, responding to the postings and writing assignment. InfocusRxTM program is presented in an asynchronous format. This means that students are not required to attend class at a certain time, but can login and access the program when it is most convenient for them. Participants will receive a 1-to-1 assessment from InfocusRxTM. InfocusRxTM will also provide feedback and suggestions to improve the participant’s progress.
- What is the length of Medical Writing online program?Open or Close
The time it takes to complete a InfocusRxTM Online program will vary from student to student. Students are generally able to comfortably complete their program in 3 months time.
- What should I do if I experience problems receiving e-mails from InfocusRx?Open or Close
We recommend contacting us to provide your login details at email@example.com, however please check your junk email folder. It is observed most of the regular e-mail providers such as Gmail, Rediffmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo or any other web based e-mail accounts are programmed to filter e-mails suspected of being spam, so they are automatically sent to junk folders.
- What can I do if I need to contact someone other than the online customer service? Open or Close
You may contact your mentor through email at any needed time. If you ever need to contact someone directly, you can request a tele-conference, and we will be glad to contact you at the discretion of the administration depending on how urgent your request might be. You can also contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who answers my questions while I am taking the online Medical and Clinical Research course?Open or Close
All questions related to the training will be answered by your online mentors to whom you can post your queries. Administrative requests will be handled by our representatives or by our Student Services Coordinator at: email@example.com.
- I have never taken any online courses before. Would it be too difficult? Open or Close
If you know the basics of computers and the internet, you will fine the online interaction easy and user friendly.
- Is this program accredited?Open or Close
The program is not accredited. However, the program is designed and executed by the professionals having rich experience in medical and clinical research writing. The objective of our program is to make learning simple and help establish a foundation for medical writing.
- After entering my User ID and Password at the "Course Login" page, I click the "Sign On" button, but nothing happens. What should I do?Open or Close
This appears to be a browser configuration issue. It is necessary for active scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer. Also, ensure "Run ActiveX Scripts" is enabled. After making the necessary changes, reload the page or restart the browser to apply the changes.
Firewall & Pop up blockers: Because i-CME launches in a pop-up window, pop-up blocking software must be disabled. If you have a firewall or cookie management software, please allow http://icme.infocusrx.com as a trusted site.
- What if I share my login ID to others? Open or Close
In simple words we say it's not legal to allow other people to access the training courses that you paid for. If you share the login, you will be violating our license agreement. Please read our copyrights policy. InfocusRxTM program administrator keeps continuous watch of participant’s activity through the time spent, IP address, cookies etc. InfocusRxTM reserves the right to terminate access to this website at any time and without notice. Further this limited license terminates automatically, without notice, if you breach any of these Terms. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded and printed materials.